"I've been using UltraEdit since 1996. It's the best technical decision I've ever made. Since then I've converted at least 20 other programmers to the UltraEdit fold at The Ohio State University, The Ohio State University Medical Center and St. Elizabeth Medical Center. It's never taken more than a five minute demo to convince a programmer to buy UltraEdit.." - Mark D.
I have never written to anyone about their product before, but I feel compelled to write to you. I am a Systems Integrator and full time programmer for Weber Electronics. I have never had the pleasure of using a program that works as well as UltraEdit. I use it every day. It is smart and feature-packed. Also, you have spent an incredible amount of time making this program intuitive. Either that, or we think exactly alike. There have been at least a hundred times that I have said, "It sure would be nice if I could get UltraEdit to do that," and after a short trip through the menus...there it is!!! - Leroy W.
UltraEdit v22 - The #1 selling, most powerful, value priced text editor.
With its clear layout and powerful project and workspace features, it can handle complex and sophisticated software-development projects. Despite UltraEdit's vast range of features, UltraEdit never feels overwhelming. It's flexible and easy to customize, handles files in excess of 4GB, and the polished user interface provides easy access to the most important options.
Without further ado, we present the top 10 things you must know about UltraEdit:
1. Widely considered the defacto standard in text and programming editors
2. Nominated/Winner "Application of the Year" and other coveted industry awards year-after-year
3. TOP RATED by PC Magazine and Download.com senior editorial staff
4. Published by a debt-free, US-based, CISP Compliant software corporation for 12-plus years
5. Renowned support: Got a problem? Feature request? Need a quote? We are here to help...
6. Editor of choice for over two million users and many Fortune 100, 500, 1000 corporations
7. Featured internationally in numerous magazines, websites, books, and more...
8. Hundreds of available features in an incredibly customizable interface
9. New release and updates published several times per year - fully localized in 8 languages.
10. Comes with UltraCompare Lite FREE, one-year upgrades FREE, and lifetime support...
If you're looking for a powerful, reliable text editor, look no further.
UltraEdit is the optimal solution for quick editing on the fly, or multiple large resource files at once. And with our world-renowned support staff on hand to quickly answer your support requests, you're sure to find a fast and easy solution for every task.
What can UltraEdit text editor do for you?
UltraEdit is used across a diverse range of industries, from professional writers, researchers and journalists to advanced programmers, database managers and web developers. Scores of individuals use UltraEdit as a powerful replacement for windows notepad and even more use it as a text editor because of its ability to handle multiple documents at once, large file handling, powerful search/find/replace functionality, spell checking versatility and much more.
Vertically split window
UltraEdit's ability to split the edit window horizontally has long been a staple of its core editing functionality...now you can split the window vertically as well! To take advantage of this functionality, go to Window – Split Window Vertically or assign a key mapping to the new WindowVerticalSplitWindow command.
Combine horizontal and vertical split for a 4-way view
Want even more views into your file? Used in conjunction with a horizontally split window, you can see 4 views of a single file at once, as shown here. Scroll each window independently with your mouse's scroll wheel, or with your keyboard's arrow keys and Page Up / Page Down.
Recently Closed Files list
Ever accidentally close the wrong file in a sea of file tabs? Ugh...frustrating! With v22, you can now quickly reopen files you just closed with the new Recently Closed Files list in the File menu (just beneath the Recently Opened Files list). This list will contain the same number of entries set for recently opened files in Advanced – Configuration – Toolbars / Menus – Miscellaneous.
Cut / copy bookmarked lines
Do more with your bookmarks! Cut or copy them directly from the Bookmark Viewer or via the Search – Bookmarks submenu. Key mapping commands are also available for even quicker access to this functionality
Trim Leading Spaces
Quickly eliminate all leading whitespace in your file with the new Trim Leading Spaces command in the Format menu. A real time saver when you need it!
UltraEdit 22 Features
Revolutionize the way you search in UltraEdit with Quick Find. Quick Find is an unobtrusive, easily accessible search tool similar to the find bar in your favorite browser. Press Ctrl + F and begin typing the string you want to find. UltraEdit will immediately jump to the first occurrence and highlight each match as you type.
Need to get to the regular Find dialog? No problem - just press Ctrl + F a second time or click the "..." button. Press ESC to close the Quick Find dialog when you're done with your search and the highlighting is cleared.
Make multiple changes in different places in your file at one time. Add, delete, or select text in multiple places at once with multi-caret editing. Quickly close HTML tags on multiple lines of varying length. Add comments to the end of each line within a function block. Remove unwanted lines scattered throughout your file with a single keystroke. The possibilities are endless with multi-caret editing!
Multi-pane FTP browser
Take your FTP to another level with v21's completely re-imaged FTP browser. With independently resizable split explorer panes, drag-and-drop transfers, color-coded transfer status, and a whole lot of performance improvements...there's nothing this FTP client can't do.
Key text editing features
- 64-bit file handling (for files of 4+ GB) on both 32-/64-bit Windows platforms (Win 2000 and later)
- Unicode support
- Disk based text editing and large file handling, minimum RAM used even for multi-megabyte files
- Multiline find and replace dialogs for all searches (Find, Replace, Find in Files, Replace in Files)
- Spell checker and localization support for 80+ languages including American English, British English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Spanish and Swedish)
- Free integrated file compare utility (UC Lite), or full integration with UltraCompare Professional
- Syntax highlighting and code folding - configurable, pre-configured for C, C++, VB, HTML, Java, and Perl, with special options for FORTRAN and LaTex. Multiple wordfiles available for download
- Tag matching for XML and HTML open and close tags
- FTP client with multiple account settings and automatic logon and save (32-Bit only).
- Includes support for SFTP and FTPS (Control only, Control and data, Implicit)
- Ability to set a remote (server based) or local (Perl regex based) filter (provides filtering ability for SFTP)
- Advanced proxy support and SSL certificate handling
- (Optional) local default directory for each FTP account
- SSH/Telnet window
- XML Manager with parsed XML tree view, plus ability to move/delete/modify nodes and reformat XML
- Function list with tree-style view of functions, parameters, variables, properties, etc.
- Project/workspace support
- Environment Selector - Provides predefined or user-created editing environments that remember the state of all of UltraEdit's dockable windows, toolbars and more for user convenience.
- Integrated scripting language to automate tasks
- Configurable keyboard mapping
- Column/block mode editing
- Hexadecimal editor allows editing of any binary file, shows binary and ASCII view
- Code completion and auto-expanding text with Smart Templates
- Automatic completion of XML and HTML tags
- HTML toolbar preconfigured for popular HTML functions
- WebSearch Toolbar: highlight text and click a websearch toolbar button to search for highlighted term from within the editor
- File encryption / decryption
- Integration with UltraSentry to securely delete UltraEdit temporary files
- Multi-byte support with integrated IME support
- And... UltraEdit is now available for Mac and Linux