Join NASA, FBI, CSI, Yale University, General Motors, AT&T and 99% of Fortune 500 companies that use Snagit!
"Snagit is my secret weapon. My co-workers are caught off guard by how quickly I can respond to their questions with a professionally marked up image. Snagit really speeds up communication."
- John Jackson
, Customer Support Manager, NetManage Inc.
"Snagit is the most useful tool you will find to combine pictures, words, and other objects into a meaningful illustration…" - Carole McCormick, Product Specialist, Nuance Communications
"With Snagit we can quickly create beautiful, professional, easy-to-read user guides that help our physicians keep up with changing technology." - Eric Jorgensen Physician Liaison
"Snagit 11 has given me a 50-75% productivity boost in taking captures. It’s pure genius."
- Greg Sweet, Certified Synchronous Learning Expert
"Snag It is a great product. It does the job really well, it's priced right and it keeps improving. It's always there, and it's something everybody can - and should - use." Donald Landwirth,
Snagit 12.4 The Ultimate Screen Capture Tool - More Than 40 Ways to Capture Your Screen
Capture anything on your screen with the ultimate screen capture tool. With version 11, you can record screen videos, enhance your images, work efficiently, and share to even more destinations.
Snagit is Perfect for...
- Take a photo of your computer screen, including long webpages.
- Create quick demo videos to share with anyone.
- Enhance images with stamps, text, and effects.
- Organize your captures with easy auto-storing and tagging features.
- Share your creations to presentations, social media sites, and more.
How Can Snagit Work for You?
Snagit makes communication easier everywhere! That’s why people across the globe are using Snagit's image and video capture for . . .
Some things can't be explained with only words. Make visuals that show exactly what you mean.
Help your viewers understand your message at a glance, and look like a genius in the process.
Don't type lengthy instructions. Provide quick explanations with Snagit, and move on to your next task. Snagit Features
With Snagit's easy-to-use tools, you can quickly create images and videos to give feedback, solve a problem, or show off something cool. Snagit empowers you to communicate efficiently with visuals that give your ideas clarity and help you explain any subject. See for yourself. The more you use Snagit, the more ways you’ll find to use it.
- Video Capture - Show them what you do, and how you do it! Using MPEG-4 video format you can now create screen videos for demos or quick reviews, and share them instantly to YouTube, Facebook, and more
- All-in-One - Grab your entire desktop, a region, a window, or a scrolling window—all with a single hotkey or click.
- Time-Saving Profiles - In addition to the basic capture profiles, use these time saving options to capture and share content in one click.
Snagit 12.4 New Features
The main focus for Snagit has always been that it should be easy to use, regardless of how tech-savvy our users are. With this release Snagit has continued to develop into an extremely easy-to-use tool with an even quicker learning curve. Grab the new Snagit and effectively communicate with others right out of the box
New: Video Trimming
Snagit video recording was introduced in previous versions. Now Snagit takes another step and introduces the ability to trim your videos.
'Cutting videos in Snagit is easy. Just pick in-point, out-point and cut. Done!'
Snagit’s new Video Trimming feature lets users quickly get rid of any unwanted sections from their screen recordings. Remove um’s, ah’s, coughs, extra time from the beginning, middle, end or any mistakes you want to correct.
New: Enhanced Capture Experience
Snagit now lets you choose what type of capture you want after the initial snag. Users can also re-size the capture area, and make sure that the exact parts of the screen are included before the image or video is taken
New: Completely Reimagined Editor Interface
Users can use the completely reimagined Snagit editor to simplify the tasks you do every day. Large changes has been made to the look and feel, creating a modern, flat aesthetic that puts the focus on the content.
New: Mac and PC Versions Closer Together
In every Snagit release the two platforms has been slowly converging. In this latest update, both the PC and Mac versions are taking a big step closer. New advanced features are being released on both versions, for example the video editing.
If you are using both platforms you can also use the same license for one PC and one Mac computer.
New: Fine-Tune Capture Area
You can now also resize and change the actual capture area, before sending the capture on to the Snagit Editor.
This makes it much easier to get make sure the exact parts of the screen are included before the image or video is taken.
Snagit 12.4 Features
- Improved startup performance to make Snagit launch faster
- Added new Step Tool which allows you to quickly and intuitively document a series of steps in a process
- Added new Blur Tool which takes our current capability of maintaining privacy in your captures and allows you to do so in the same way you add other annotations.
- Provided “Smooth” and “Pixelate” styles
- Blur objects now cover vector objects as well as your canvas
- Combined the Callout and Text tool to simplify adding text-related annotations to your capture
- Created a new conditional tab for Callout and Text objects to allow much easier font customization
- Updated default tool gallery styles to be more consistent and to make your content more modern and appealing with minimal customization
- Simplified the Snagit Editor tabbed interface to have Tools, Image, Share and Library tabs
- Introduced a “Library” tab in the Snagit Editor to allow for quick and easy access to your capture history
- Consolidated a number library-related capabilities to make organization and searching much easier
- Reducing the number of ways to access the Library to reduce confusion
- Made it easier to choose your desired folder when sharing to Google Drive
- Replaced the default old, large PNG stamps with new, vector PDF stamps which can be re-sized without loss of quality
- Reduced the number of steps to connect TechSmith Fuse to Snagit
- Fixed a number of bugs which will allow TechSmith Fuse to connect with a higher success rate
- Fixed a number of bugs with the floating Mini Toolbar to make it more obvious as to when the toolbar will display
- Creating a more intuitive way to discover additional styles in your tools gallery
- Relocated View tab functionality to live closer to the zoom slider
- Reduced the number of items in the File menu to limit the clutter you see when trying to do common operations such as Save or Open
- Various bug fixes
Get photos and videos from your mobile device straight into Snagit with TechSmith Fuse. Import an existing photo or video, or capture something new using the app’s built-in camera. Then, use the editing power in Snagit to create custom, shareable images.
Our new Google Drive integration lets you upload your images and videos into Google Drive to give your viewers access from any web browser or mobile device. You can also import files into Snagit instantly from Google Drive.
Quickly capture what you need, when you need it. No matter what program or browser you're using, Snagit OneClick stays on top of your current window - always available when you need it. Get instant access to image and video capture tools, hotkeys, capture profiles, and the Snagit Editor. Always ready when you are, OneClick lets you instantly capture anything on your screen.
Don’t confuse your audience by trying to explain a complex idea with only words. Instead, show them with video! Easily create screen videos for demos or quick reviews, and share them with anyone, anywhere. Plus, Snagit now records system audio automatically, so you’ll be able to capture sound from your computer, such as a YouTube video, during a recording without any extra effort.
Highlight and emphasize important parts of your screen captures by using newly designed stamps that make you look more professional.
Centered Canvas & More Zoom Options
When your capture pops up in the Snagit editor, the canvas now automatically creates a border around your image, giving you plenty of room to add annotations, arrows, and other effects. And with more zoom proportions, you’ll be able to edit your images to the exact size you need.
Easier Resizing & Paste from Clipboard
Whether you resize by pixels, inches, centimeters, or percentage, it’s easier than ever to edit the size of your capture. Simply copy and paste from within Snagit, and the canvas will automatically resize to the right size for your capture.
Never misspell a word in your screenshot again. Snagit will tell you what you’ve spelled wrong and help you make callouts without any mistakes.
Save, share, or send your image and video captures to anyone with a variety of outputs. Easily send your image captures to the usual lot, or now share to Facebook, Twitter, and Evernote too. When you’re done recording or capturing a screen video, you can choose to send your video to Camtasia Studio for editing or Screencast.com, YouTube, FTP, Facebook, or Twitter for easy sharing.
Enhance Your Images
- Combine Images - Create custom graphics easily by taking multiple captures and putting them together.
- Markup Tools - Add effects to your image, even if you don't have a design degree. Draw attention with arrows, hide sensitive information with a blur, add a text callout or torn edge effect… just to name a few.
- Spotlight and Magnify - Draw attention to a specific part of your image. Just select the portion you want and Snagit will blur and darken everything else.
- Auto-Storing - All of your captures are automatically saved to your Library, with the most recent captures viewable all the time. Save time by quickly finding all your past captures.
- Tagging - Along with saving your capture, Snagit also stores information so you can find it again later. Search for your captures by date, website, or a custom flag that you create and assign.
- Spell Check - Never misspell a word in your screenshot again! Snagit will tell you what you’ve spelled wrong and help you create consistently error free callouts.
Share with One Click
- Video Outputs - When you're ready to share your Snagit video, you can choose from Camtasia Studio for editing, Screencast.com, YouTube, FTP, Facebook, or Twitter.
- New Image Outputs - Share your images with anyone! Choose from the usual lot, plus the new additions of Facebook, Twitter, and Evernote.
Video Capture - Clearer communication.
Show them what you do, and how you do it! Using MPEG-4 video format you can now create screen videos for demos or quick reviews, and share them instantly to YouTube, Facebook, and more!
New Stamps - Catch even more attention.
Add some flair to your screen captures with new and improved stamps! Get them straight from Snagit and download more
You should also check out the premiere Snagit Stamps add-on SuperStamps.
More Zoom Options
Snagit now shrinks your large captures so they immediately fit on your canvas and offers more zoom proportions for you to edit your images to the perfect size..
Never misspell a word in your screenshot again! Snagit will tell you what you’ve spelled wrong and help you create consistently error free callouts.
Choose what's right for you. Whether you resize by pixels, inches, centimeters, or percentage… it’s easier than ever to edit the size of your capture for a smooth finish every time.
Paste from Clipboard
Copy and paste from within Snagit and it will automatically make the canvas the right size for your capture. No more guessing!
When your capture pops up in the Snagit editor the canvas now automatically creates a border around your image, giving you plenty of room to add annotations, arrows, and other effects.
When you’re ready to share your Snagit video, you can choose from Camtasia Studio for editing, Screencast.com, YouTube, FTP, Facebook, or Twitter.
New Image Outputs
Share your images with anyone! Choose from the usual lot, plus the new additions of Facebook, Twitter, and Evernote.
With Snagit’s capture, edit, organize and share technology… it’s easy to create engaging visuals that grab attention and keep it. Let images do the talking for you.
Use Snagit to capture any image you want straight off your computer screen. Enhance with transparency, callouts, and other effects to turn a simple screen shot into an eye-grabbing visual. Easily organize your images and use them again and again for other projects. Then show off your Snagit creations to anyone. Just add them to your documents and presentations… or share using your favorite applications.
It doesn’t take much to explain a concept or an idea with Snagit. The images you create do the talking. And the more you use Snagit, the more ways you’ll find to use it!
What You Can Do With Snagit Because SnagIt is so flexible, there are thousands of ways that it can add speed, creativity and ease to your everydaytasks, whether you are working online or on your desktop. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination.
Share Exactly What You See Combining images with text is a much more powerful way to communicate than using text alone. This is why SnagIt captures are such an effective way to get your point across. Grab exactly what you see – an image, an article, or part of a Web page. Then, email it right from SnagIt to a colleague, technical support, or even your best friend.
Give Your Presentations More Visual Impact With SnagIt screencapture software, you can easily add company logos or other branding elements to your PowerPoint presentations to give them a custom, professional look. You can even add short video clips of onscreen activity to training presentations.
Instruct Others With Quick "How-To" Illustrations Using SnagIt, you can capture any button, menu, icon, window, or other part of any application that can run on your PC. Then, use arrows, captions, stamps, cursors or text callouts to illustrate the steps you want the reader to follow or concepts you want them to grasp.
Windows System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows XP with SP3 (32-bit only); Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 and newer (32-bit and 64-bit) installed and configured on your system
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or later required
- .NET 4.0 Full or later required for video, OneClick, Google Drive integration and TechSmith Fuse integration, auto-updating
- 2.4 GHz single core processor (2.4 GHz dual core required for video)
- 1 GB of RAM (2 GB required for video)
- 125 MB of free hard disk space
- Video capture on Windows 7 requires Windows 7 supported video and audio hardware
- Video capture on Windows 7 N requires the Media Feature Pack for Windows 7 N
- Snagit add-ins for Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook work with Office 2000, Office XP, or later
- Snagit add-in for Microsoft Internet Explorer works with Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- Snagit requires Active Accessibility 2.0 to capture links from webpages
- Snagit Stamps requires Snagit 6.3 or later
Over 40 Ways to Capture Your Screen
- New! All-in-one: Window | Scrolling Window | Region
- Active Window
- Full Screen
- Fixed Region
- Scrolling Region
- Scrolling Active Window
- Freehand Region
- Rounded Rectangle
- Graphic File
- Program File
- Full-Screen DOS
- Direct X
- Extended Window
- Web Page with Links
- Sequential captures
Updated! - Text Capture
- Entire Screen
- Active Window
- Fixed Region
- Scrolling Window
- Scrolling Region
- Scrolling Active Window
- Full-Screen DOS
- Sequential captures
- Rich Text Formatting
- Entire Screen
- Active Window
- Fixed Region
- Sequential captures
Editor Includes – Professional editing at your fingertips
- Vector-based editing
- Multi-image capabilities – create composite images
- Drawing tools
- Drop shadows
- Edge effects – torn, faded, shark tooth, saw, beveled and wave edge
- Text boxes
- Sticky notes
- Interactive canvas
- Color adjustment – hue, saturation, gamma and more
- Quick Styles – Creating and saving custom annotation shapes
- Updated! - Eliminating unwanted areas of screen captures – crop, cut and join features
- Image processing – mosaic, sharpen, emboss, oilify, underlay, solarize, edge enhance and more
- Smooth scaling
- Color resolution settings
- Add Flash hotspots
- Quick Access toolbar
- Image tray
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Ribbon-based menus
- Live preview of editing features
- New! - Improved image transparency
- New! - Custom trim
- New! - UI Color
- And more
- All files from a Web page or Web site
- Files off Web pages linked to original page
Share – Easily send captures from Snagit
- Send to Printer
- Save to Clipboard
- Save to File - over 23 formats, including:
- BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, PSD, TIF, EPS, PDF
- Send to Email
- Updated! - Send to Screencast.com and share web link
- FTP to Web
- Send to an External Program
- Multiple combination of any or all
- Other popular programs
Additional Features – Snagit does even more
- Create capture profiles
- Schedule screen captures with time delay
- Visual bookmarking
- Autostore unsaved captures
Organize – Manage all your images at once
- Automatic tagging
- Custom tagging – as one image or a batch
- Quick flags
- Visual search pane – find by website, application or date
- Batch conversion of images
- Updated! - View thumbnails of all captures
- Print multiple images
- Email multiple images
- Set images as wallpaper
- Export your unsaved images, automatically
- Import/Export profiles to use on multiple computers or share with others
- Automatic file naming – with 19 different file name components
- Set Individual hotkeys for each capture profile
- One-click screen capture with Snagit OneClick
- Two different viewing options – normal, compact
- Include cursor in your captures
- Place in the toolbar of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer and the menu of Adobe FrameMaker
- Integrate Snagit into any program that supports COM access with the COM Server
- Updated! - Change the color of the Snagit UI (black, silver, or blue)
- Free technical support
- Updated! - Free online training and help
- Easy network installation for central deployment